Chrome extension not working on my Mac

JRandomPerson
JRandomPerson
Community Member

A couple days ago I updated 1Password to 7.0.2 on both MacBook Airs that are on my account. Today I updated again to 7.0.3.

1Password seems to work more or less OK on one of the machines. User names and passwords get filled in as expected, although login buttons on websites are no longer automatically clicked.

1Password is broken on the other Mac. For example, user names and password are not autofilled. I suspect the issue is a communication failure between the 1Password app and the 1Password Chrome extension. “Suggest Items" (for Chrome) says to install the 1Password extension. The 1Password extension was already installed. In an attempt to solve the problem, I've uninstalled the 1Password extension (version 4.7.1.90) several times and re-installed it. I've done this while taking care that Chrome was not in the middle of an update. I’ve rebooted my system several times. The problem persists.

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• xnovo
    xnovo
    Community Member

Same issue here.

Is it a temp problem or a permanent? in that case I'll cancel it and save money. I'm using lastpass and it works fine, and it's free.

• sflaminio76
    sflaminio76
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I click on the circle lock thing next to the address bar and the 1password window briefly pops up then disappears (if 1password desktop app is open). When desktop app is closed, it just flashes back to grey; nothing happens. I've tried removing the extension, closing Chrome, restarting Chrome, installing extension, and still nothing. I've also tried re-booting but to no avail. Here's specs: Google Chrome for Mac: Version 67.0.3396.62 (Official Build) (64-bit), 1Password: Version 7.0.4, Mac Version 10.12.6 (OS Sierra)

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Hi @JRandomPerson @xnovo @sflaminio76 welcome to the forum! We are happy to help.

Please try the troubleshooting steps mentioned on this help page.

If those steps do not fix the problem, I’d like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/91233/chrome-extension-not-working-on-my-mac#latest
    • Your forum username: username

That way we can “connect the dots” when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :smile:

Once we see the diagnostics, we’ll be able to better assist you. Thank you very much!

• JRandomPerson
    JRandomPerson
    Community Member

The problem has been resolved. 1Password had been installed inside my Mac OS account instead of for all users. The problem went away when I moved the app to the system Apps folder.

• So glad to hear it :)

• chimichimera
    chimichimera
    Community Member

I had EXACTLY the same problem and moving it from the user account Application folder to the system Application folder did the trick!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@chimichimera - glad to hear it! :) For anyone else reading this thread, as of version 7, 1Password for Mac must be installed in your Applications folder, not anywhere else on your hard drive, including ~/Applications (your user folder's Applications folder).

This discussion has been closed.