Automatic Fill-in and Log-On

BarryW
BarryW
Community Member

In previous versions 95% of the sites I went to would automatically fill-in the USERID and Password and Log me onto the site. In Version 7 of 1Password this functionality no longer works on any of my sites.

1Password Version: 7.02
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

The first thing to do is to ensure you've updated to the latest version of 1Password 7, which is 7.0.3. If it still doesn't work please tell us:

• What browser you are using
    • The version number of the 1Password extension in the browser.

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@BarryW - actually, if you're not able to fill in data in ANY of your sites, I'm wondering where you installed 1Password 7? Unlike older versions of 1Password, version 7 must be installed in your main Applications folder. You can't install it into your user folder's Applications folder at ~/Applications, or it won't work. If that's the case, just Quit 1Password completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then moving the 1Password 7 app into your Applications folder at the root of your hard drive.

• BarryW
    BarryW
    Community Member

Perhaps I was not clear enough about the problem. When I get to a site, I click on the 1PASSWORD Icon, click on the appropriate name, and the information is added to the Web Site's logon boxes. In the past, at this point I would have automatically been logged onto the site. Since I installed 1 PASSWORD Version 7, I now need to click on the Web Site's Logon Button. This is no big deal but I thought you would be interested in knowing this apparent loss of functionality. It appears to me that the 2 options on the 1Password form (Display) and (Submit) no longer serve any purpose. I have these set at Always and Always Submit but they do not appear to serve any purpose.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@BarryW - that's certainly not expected behavior. Please visit Preferences > Browsers and make sure the button marked Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords is checked. If not, please enable it.

• BarryW
    BarryW
    Community Member

That did it. This must be new in 1Password7 since I never remember anything about adding a script. In any case, thanks for the help.

• Glad to hear it! This feature isn't new, but it did get disabled for some folks by mistake.

This discussion has been closed.