Email notification on every extension login

Every time I sign in to the 1Password extension on Firefox, I get an email notification about a "New 1Password sign-in from Firefox". Although it's a good feature to receive emails whenever my account is entered from an unknown device it's kind of annoying to receive several emails a day about login in to the same browser on the same PC. Is there any way to turn these notifications off?
Some more information: I'm using a VPN with varying locations, but even if the IP remains the same (I took a look at the list of authorized devices) I still receive an email. Additionally, Firefox is cleaning all personal data after closing which may turn to the browser being identified as a new one, but given that I don't know how 1Password stores these information, I have no idea about which data to exclude from being deleted.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Firefox, 1Password X 1.7.3
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Jannik13: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion there. It isn't possible to turn that off, as it's an account feature and doing so would mean that you would not be notified of any new logins. The reason you're seeing this every time in the browser is just as you implied: you're wiping it after each session, so the next will be a new sign in. 1Password X is using the browser's local storage, so using the VPN isn't an issue, but clearing the database. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Jannik13
    Jannik13
    Community Member

Thank you for the clarification, I'll figure something out then ;)

• @Jannik13: I'm not exactly sure what your current Firefox settings are, but you can prevent Firefox from clearing Local Storage by unchecking Cookies in the Settings for Clearing History dialog in Firefox's preferences. We're hoping to move away from Local Storage in the near future, though, in order to prevent the "new sign-in" emails from being sent in situations like this.

This discussion has been closed.