Share some passwords on the same computer

Ted_H
Ted_H
Community Member

At home my family all uses the same computer with the same user account. Is there a way to set up 1Password on this one computer such that everyone has access to some passwords (email, etc) but not to other passwords (banking)? I want everyone with access to the computer to have the basic passwords, but I want the sensitive passwords only available to me. I am not yet a 1Password user, I need to ensure it will work well for me before committing

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:share some passwords

Comments

• Hi @Ted_H! To do that with one user account, the only way to set things up would be with 1Password Families. Each person could then sign in to their family account on 1Password.com and access what passwords they are given access to. The downside of that would be they can't use the 1Password app on the Mac. They can use 1Password X, though, with separate profiles in Chrome. Separate profiles is the easiest way to set the family up in general, since you'll all get a chance to use 1Password in basically your own user account within the browser. :)

This discussion has been closed.