How do I change the master password if I have forgotten it? I am totally locked out of my app.

Mnster8
Mnster8
Community Member

I use the app. I have never had an issue with touch id however, the recent iPhone update is requiring my master password to get back into the app. I have tried everything that I thought it was. I have it written down but that one didn't work either. How do I change it so I can get back into the app? I am desperately needing one of my passwords.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I change the master password if I have forgotten it? Totally locked out of app.

Comments

• Hey @Mnster8! I’m sorry to hear about the lost Master Password. Do you happen to have it written down somewhere as a backup? We don't store it, and there's not a way to reset it — if there was, it would be quite a big issue in the way 1Password protects your data.

Depending on how you set up 1Password originally, there are a few things you can try to recover your Master Password:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can’t unlock 1Password

If you don't have your Master Password and can’t recover it, you'll need to start over:

How to reset your 1Password data and start over

Please make sure to store it somewhere safe this time so you can reference that later on in case you need it. One good place to store it is an Emergency Kit. If you have an account, you can get one for that. If you don’t have an account, a simple PDF document is a great place to start.

Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.