(Re)Installing 7.0.3 from website download fails at Validating Packages step

bdurham
bdurham
Community Member

MacOS 10.13.4 on 16GB MacBook Pro 2014: Long time 1Password Family plan user with no history of problems. 1Password 7 update from May 31st appeared to be working then stopped. Restarting system failed to restart app. Unable to start 1Password via Spotlight or Alfred - 1Password 7 not visible via either of this apps. Manually restarted 1Password 7 via Launchpad. Tried updating to 7.0.3 version via website Downloads page. Installation fails at Validating Packages step. Manually deleted 1Password 7 from Applications. Restarted MacBook, uninstalled Sophos (just in case), restarted MacBook and retried 7.0.3 download with same failure at Validating Packages step.

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bdurham
    bdurham
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

(Re)Installing 7.0.3 from website download fails at Validating Packages step

Screenshot of message displayed after failing the Validating Packages step of the installation. Did an Option+Command+R to reinstall a fresh version of MacOS, now at 10.13.5, with same result.

• bdurham
    bdurham
    Community Member

Just tried latest beta with same result.

• bdurham
    bdurham
    Community Member

Any downsides to installing an earlier version of 1Password while this issue gets resolved?

• mdscott
    mdscott
    Community Member

Update to 7.0.3 from App Store results in "1Password cannot be open" error message. Application is not open.

• bdurham
    bdurham
    Community Member

Is there a way to download the last release of 1Password 6?

• Hi @bdurham,

I haven’t heard of any other reports of this... so I suspect this may either be an issue with a corrupt download or something on your system. Please try restarting your Mac and then downloading a fresh copy here:

1Password for Mac Release Notes

Ben

P.S. 1Password 6 can be downloaded here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM4

• bdurham
    bdurham
    Community Member

Hi Ben - I've repeatedly restarted my system and repeatedly deleted and re-downloaded the 7.0.3 installer. Same result - failure at package validation step. I just restarted my laptop (again), downloaded the 7.0.4 installer and received the same result - a failure at the "Validating Packages" step. Here's the message displayed by your installer:

• bdurham
    bdurham
    Community Member

I am "Contacting the software manufacturer for assistance." :)

• bdurham
    bdurham
    Community Member

Restarted again and tried (re)installing the 6.8.9 release which I was previously running without issue. The installer for this version fails at the same step as the 7.0.3 and 7.0.4 installers ... during the "Validating Packages" step.

• bdurham
    bdurham
    Community Member

MalwareBytes scan is clean.

• @bdurham

Could you please verify that the date, time, and timezone on the machine are all accurate?

Ben

• bdurham
    bdurham
    Community Member

Hi Ben: Yes, date, time, and timezone match my iPhone. My original 1Password install was EDT. My current timezone is MDT. I've tried reinstalling 7.0.3 in both timezones. I've tried installing 7.0.4 and reinstalling 6.8.9 in MDT.

• What folder are you running the installer from? Could you please try moving it to your Desktop and see if you’re able to run it successfully from there?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.