"1Password.app" is damaged and can't be opened.

curtpusa
curtpusa
Community Member

Getting the message on one of my two iMacs. "1Password.app is damaged and can't be opened. Delete 1Password.app and download it again from the Apple Store." I am using a standalone copy purchased from the (2014) Apple Store 1Password version 6.8.9. Of course the Apple Store now only has the new version 7. I am not ready to upgrade to version 7 yet. It is still working on one of my iMacs, IPhone & iPad. Anything I can do to get that version 6.8.9 running again on my 2nd Mac.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OSX 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hey @curtpusa! Not a problem. To reinstall 1Password 6, open Finder and click Applications, then move 1Password 6 to the Trash. Don't use an app cleaner. Restart your computer and empty the Trash, then install 1Password 6 from your purchases in the Mac App Store:

1. Launch the Mac App Store and sign in with the Apple ID you used to purchase 1Password.
    2. Switch to the Purchases tab.
    3. Click the Install button beside 1Password.

Then you'll be good to go. :) Hope that helps!

• curtpusa
    curtpusa
    Community Member

OK, did as you requested. After the download of 1Password from my purchases from the Apple Store, and launching, now getting the message "1Password not responding" in the finder window. Forced quit, tried again, same message. Now sure, but may have run MacCleaner a couple weeks ago & maybe not have used 1Password on this particular computer until today when the above error showed up. Could that be the problem now, & if so can it be fixed?

• curtpusa
    curtpusa
    Community Member

Jacob, Thanks for your help. Problem is now solved. There was an issue with my hard drive on the iMac. Disk First Aid found errors & repaired them. After that, 1Password re-installed successfully & all is working well.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@curtpusa - glad to hear it! On behalf of Jacob, you're quite welcome. :)

ref: WPT-99754-775

This discussion has been closed.