imported form lastpass, how to get autofill

Squeakrad1pw
Squeakrad1pw
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

I downloaded 1password after my computer was hacked and my IT buddy recommended it. Mac High Sierra OS. Import ran successfully - I have all my sites but cant get autofill. I was advised not to load the browser extension for chrome as any extension is still vulnerable. Is there ay way to get sites to autofill using the 1 password app? On googling it there seems to be a tab in "preferences" that would let me turn this on but I dont see it in my app.
IPW ver 7, Mac OS High Sierra latest version, , Chrome

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Squeakrad1pw! And also to 1Password itself, I suppose. :) Unfortunately, the browser extension is required to fill into your browser. That's the missing "conduit" between the 1Password app on your computer and your browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc). If you're not able or willing to install the browser extension at this point, you'll be limited to copy/paste to get your login items' usernames and passwords into web page logins for the moment. But we do indeed support one-click filling, if you install the browser extension, using the keyboard command ⌘\ (command + backslash). If you have professional security assistance telling you not to install browser extensions, I would definitely take that advice. In fact, if you've got advice you trust telling you your computer is still infected/vulnerable, I'd be hesitant to install 1Password at all, since if an attacker can execute arbitrary code on your device, running as root, there is essentially nothing we can do to prevent them from exfiltrating your data, including Master Password and anything else you store in 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.