Upgraded to Mac 1Password 7. Notes under login items & secure notes not showing on iOS app

Options
ahmedb
ahmedb
Community Member

I have just upgraded 1password for Mac to version 7.0.3. I also have a fully licensed copy of 1password for iOS installed version 7.0.6. Some login items with notes as well as secure notes items in iOS version do not show content when selected. Content under notes only show up in edit mode.
Is this a known bug, if not what is your suggestion to resolve this issue.

1Password Version: Mac 7.0.3 - iOS 7.0.6
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ahmedb

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. To clarify: these items appear correctly on your Mac, but not on iOS?

Ben

• ahmedb
    ahmedb
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben. Yes they apear on the mac app but not in ios app. You have to go to edit mode and they appear. Tried copying the text and formating as plain text and then copy back but still the same issue. When I delete & rewrite the same info from scratch it appears but that requires that I rewrite the notes fields.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @ahmedb. I do see we have a very similar report to this open for further investigation. In the original case we found the following:

There's a 'LINE SEPARATOR' (U+2028) character in the [note] – removing this correctly displays the contents of the Secure Note.
    Problematic notes can be copy-pasted into BBEdit (and likely other editors) and a search and replace on \x{2028} (replaced with nothing) to correct this issue.`

If you have BBEdit or other similar text editor handy it may help to give that a try. Otherwise we are investigating this as a bug in 1Password for iOS, and hopefully we’ll be able to get it resolved.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.