Two-Factor Authentication advise, how to let the app know I've already enabled it?

Options
Ale88
Ale88
Community Member

Hi guys,

I'd like to know how to get rid of the 2FA advise since many times I get this: "This website supports 2FA (according to twofactorauth.org), but you haven’t enabled it" but actually I've already enabled it in the past.
Is there a way to edit the profile and let the app that I'm using the 2FA in that specific website?
Thanks!

PS: I really love this feature, it's extremely useful! :)

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• lasllcap
    lasllcap
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem (as many others) ; worst was amazon - 2FA for years before 1PW. Going thru the comments and discussions it looked like I needed an IT degree to understand what is going on - BUT what I got out of it is this:

Attach the tag 2FA to the the 1PW item and you will no longer get the flag. this will NOT ADD 2FA to the item but it will stop the nag.

To your specific question (3rd paragraph) - no clue.

Roger

• Ale88
    Ale88
    Community Member
    Options

Hi lasllcap, thanks for the answer! May I ask you how to attach the tag 2FA to the the 1PW item? I took a look but I don't understand where to find this option... Thanks again!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Go to the relevant item, edit it and in the tags field type 2FA then save the edited item.

Stephen

• Ale88
    Ale88
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen!

• Jacob
    Options

Glad to hear Stephen helped sort things out here :)

• hsafer
    hsafer
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

So we self-report 2FA, unless we've enabled it within 1Password itself.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hsafer - right. 1Password can search its own database to see whether you've got a TOTP field in the relevant Login items, but it can't "know" you've enabled it using Authy or a Yubikey or Google Authenticator. If you're using one of those methods, just add the "2FA" tag and you won't see this warning any longer for that item.

This discussion has been closed.