Error in creating a new 1PW opvault PW6 to 7 upgrade

kpod5
kpod5
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

Upgraded my Mac 6 app to 7 two weeks ago (630 items- I'm a user from ver 3) Tried first DropBox Sync at (/Users/my account name/DropBox/1Password fdr/1Password.opvault). 1Password stated: 1PW will create a copy of your information on Dropbox. It should become available on other devises in a few minutes". I waited 5-10 minutes and nothing happened. Next received this message: "Then operation couldn't be completed. (Foundation._GenericObjCError error 0.)
I see my master database file in DropBox hasn't been updated in 2 weeks by viewing in Finder. (1Password.legacyagilekeychain) though I've input new info into 1Pass. I see my backups on local drive are ok though.
Question: where is database file now in use? I'd like to move to DropBox before I attempt the Dropbox Sync again. And will the Dropbox Sync work this time?
Thanks, Karl

1Password Version: Version 7.0.3 (70003001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kpod5 - if you're seeing 1Password.legacyagilekeychain, that means either 1Password 7 for Mac or 1Password 7 for Windows converted your older Agile Keychain into this "legacy" format, which none of our apps will recognize. Is the data in 1Password 7 on your Mac complete and up-to-date as of now?

• kpod5
    kpod5
    Community Member

Thank you for the reply. Everything is fine- read more support notes and just switched to iCloud for the location/backup. I was just concerned that the vault was MIA though I had checked and saw had plenty of backups if needed.

So where is the OPVault format file now stored?
    (Mac user since '84)

• @kpod5 Glad to hear things are okay. Syncing with iCloud means your data is stored in a different vault format so you don't have to worry about the OPVault side of things. :)

This discussion has been closed.