Computer crashed; Backup defective; reinstalled OS; how to reinstall 1PW6.8.9?

jmcgeel
jmcgeel
Community Member

Apparently I suffered a malware attack. Could not get computer to boot. Used Recovery to reinstall OS from Apple online several times as migrating my apps & data apparently also returned the problems. Finally, I erased the boot drive and skipped Migration when reinstalling the OS and computer runs fine. But now I'm faced with reinstalling 1PW and several other 3rd party apps. It appears to me that getting 1PW6.8.9 running and adding back the few passwords I found on an old (no longer being used) external drive is the best approach at this point. Having used 1PW for many years I'm familiar with 6.8.9 and feel it would be easier to get it back together and then move on to v.7 than having to learn a brand new version while trying to recover as many as possible of my passwords.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: Mac OS 10.13.4
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

You can download 6.8.9 from here (scroll down and look under Legacy Versions).

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@jmcgeel - I'm sorry to hear about the trouble! Malware is the worst. :( If you still have access to a the old drive or a copy of the files from it, you may be able to recover one of the daily backups 1Password for Mac makes for you, and restore from it (rather than trying to re-create all your old data manually). Also, if you were syncing via either Dropbox or iCloud, you may be able to use that to restore your 1Password data. Is either of those an avenue for you?

ref: CBC-84348-996

This discussion has been closed.