Safari extension not showing all logins

Options
dDah
dDah
Community Member
edited June 2018 in iOS

Safari extension not showing all logins where as chrome on same iphone shows the option of all logins using the extension.
Please note I haven't saved the website url but somehow chrome extension still shows the option of all logins, where as safari extension doesn't.
Please help.
Ios 10.3.1
1Password 6.9.1
P.S. I tried commenting on another users thread but that is closed.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dDah,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Please note I haven't saved the website url but somehow chrome extension still shows the option of all logins, where as safari extension doesn't.

The intention is for the 1Password extension to only show login items which have a saved URL matching the website that you’re viewing. This is an anti-phishing measure.

Ben

• dDah
    dDah
    Community Member
    Options

But somehow chrome is able to work out all logins, whereas safari doesn't work out all logins. Is this intentional or can safari also have the same feature ?

• Ben
    Options

Is it actually 1Password in Chrome that is doing that, and not Chrome’s built-in password manager? If it is 1Password it is not a feature, but rather a bug in Chrome if that is happening. Not showing all logins is the feature. As I mentioned it works as an anti-phishing technique. If you click a link to lpassword.com (Lpassword.com) 1Password should not offer to fill your 1password.com (ONEpassword.com) credentials on that site. The addresses look incredibly similar at a glance, but the former isn’t us, and shouldn’t have your credentails filled in it.

Ben

• dDah
    dDah
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks got it.
    So it is bug in chrome extension as chrome extension have the option of all logins within one password, whereas safari doesn't.

• Ben
    Options

Yes, I would say so, though I’m not able to reproduce the issue with the latest versions of 1Password, Chrome, and iOS, so it seems likely that this has already been fixed, but you are running older versions.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.