Browser extensions broken again on macOS with v7

jnizet
jnizet
Community Member

When 1Password asked me to upgrade to v7, I accepted, and it broke the browser extensions (in Chrome and Firefox).
I reinstalled them, rebooted, etc. and it didn't change anything.
The only thing that finally made them work again was to uninstall v7, reinstall v6, then reinstall v7 again.

Now that I upgraded to v7.0.3, they're once again broken:

• clicking on the 1password extension icon in the browser while the 1Password app isn't running makes the browser title/tab bar to blink, and nothing else happens
  • clicking on the 1password extension icon in the browser while the 1Password app is running makes the 1password app come to the front and then go back to the back immediately (making the macos menu bar blink)

That basically makes 1Password unusable, which is quite unacceptable for a paying product.

Firefox version: 60.0.1 (64 bits)
Chrome version: Version 66.0.3359.181 (Build officiel) (64 bits)
1Password version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.3 (70003001) AgileBits Store
macOS version: High Sierra 10.13.4

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: High Sierra 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Browser extensions broken again on macOS with v7

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Do the shortcuts work? ⌘\ to open and fill on a login page (for example) and ⌥⌘\ to display 1Password 7 mini in any event?

Stephen

• jnizet
    jnizet
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

I have a French keyboard, and the application tells me that the keyboard shortcuts are ⌘ followed by a backtick and ⌥⌘ followed by a backtick.
    But no, they don't do anything. Not even the blink effect that I get when clicking on the icon.
    I tried to choose another shortcut, but this other shortcut doesn't do anything either.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Sorry if this idea doesn't help but did you accept the default location for the 1Password 7 app file when you installed it, or did you install it in a different location? See this AgileBits' post.

Stephen

• jnizet
    jnizet
    Community Member

Thanks Stephen. That seems to be the fix. What's strange is that I can't remember having chosen another location than the one the upgrade wizard suggested.
    Anyway, it works now. Fingers crossed for the next upgrade.

• dmkash
    dmkash
    Community Member

Thank you!! I've been having the same issue and was incredibly frustrated until I found this post and the solution. Moving 1Password to /Applications from ~/Applications fixed everything.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jnizet and @dmkash! Glad to hear @Stephen_C was able to point both of you in the right direction. Let us know if you have any other issues with 1Password 7, and welcome aboard!

This discussion has been closed.