Moving from 6 to 7, problem with Primary vault

rbpeirce
rbpeirce
Community Member

I have several devices. All but one use the standard membership vault. One uses a Primary vault in order to just keep track of a few special logins and information. All but the device with the Primary vault transitioned seamlessly. The Primary vault device created a blank vault. I don't know how to synch/move the version 6 vault to version 7. This ought to be straightforward, even automatic, but it isn't.

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Primary Vault
Referrer: forum-search:where is the primary vault

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @rbpeirce

That largely depends on how you have been syncing that Primary vault. Could you elaborate?

• rbpeirce
    rbpeirce
    Community Member

As fa as I know it isn't set up to synch at all. Years ago I synched to Dropbox but I seem to recall that option went away with some updated or another.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@rbpeirce Nope, that function still exists. Try seeing if your data is still on Dropbox or iCloud using the Sync settings in preferences (1Password>Preferences>Sync). If it isn't, we have other ways to restore that vault.

• rbpeirce
    rbpeirce
    Community Member

Problem solved. You have to Import the old keychain, which means you have to know where it is. Once I found it it was a breeze. I'm also synching on Dropbox since I discover you can still do that.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

@rbpeirce Yep, you can still do that. Good to hear you got it all handled. :)

ref: JIC-37679-995

This discussion has been closed.