1P 7.0.1 Will Not Update To 7.0.3. "Cannot be open during installation"?

Options
2»

Comments

• asucher
    asucher
    Community Member
    Options

7.2 or 7.1.2?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@asucher: 7.2 will include the improvements Ben mentioned. Hence, it will not be until you update from 7.2, to whatever version we release after that, that quitting 1Password will no longer be necessary.

• sara
    sara
    Community Member
    Options

Why is 1password always running? I turned off displaying it in the menu bar, and I don't have the browser extensions. I don't want my passwords synced to a cloud. I just want them to be saved locally. This app doesn't meet my needs anymore. And it's hard to update, so if there are security fixes I might miss them.

• Hi @sara

One of the core functions of 1Password is filling your credentials into websites. It has to be running in order to do this. If you want to turn off that functionality you'd need to disable 1Password > Preferences > Browsers > Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running. Alternatively you can quit 1Password completely before updating using the instructions in this thread.

Either way we'll be fixing this issue in 1Password for Mac v7.2, such that subsequent updates will install without the need to quit completely.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.