Various Issues With 1Password 7 After OS Update

annmarierose4
annmarierose4
Community Member

After updating my Mac OS a few minutes ago, I experienced several issues accessing 1Password 7 from my desktop. Here's a video of what I'm experiencing right now --> https://www.useloom.com/share/98923098f31d45ec9ce9f3c8943e0c4e

Anyone know what I can do about these issues?

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS High Sierra 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @annmarierose4

Just a quick question before we start. Did you originally download 1Password 7 from the Mac App Store or did you get it from our website initially.

• annmarierose4
    annmarierose4
    Community Member

I'm not really sure...I just remember seeing a notification to update it (not even sure where I saw the notification). As soon as I saw that, I updated.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@annmarierose4

Open up 1Password from your Applications folder, in the top menu bar, click 1Password>About 1Password and the window there should tell you where your version is downloaded from. Let me know what it says.

• annmarierose4
    annmarierose4
    Community Member

it's version 7.0.3

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @annmarierose4! I think I know what's going on here. :)

First off, you've got 1Password 7.0.3 (downloaded from our website) already installed and working out of your Applications folder. That's great, so no need to download it also from the Mac App Store—you can hit the "x" button on the not-really-downloaded one in your Applications folder.

Now, with the question mark in your dock: that's there because 1Password 6 was removed from your computer with the 1Password 7 install. Long-press on that question mark, mouse over Options, and release over Remove from Dock and it'll disappear. Then, drag 1Password 7 into your dock from your Applications folder and all will be well there.

That should be just about it I think! Let me know if you're running into any more trouble and I'll be right here to help more. :wink:

• annmarierose4
    annmarierose4
    Community Member

Thank you - this solved the issue!

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

@annmarierose4 Yay, you're welcome! I'm always happy to help - let me know anytime if there's more I can do for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.