Upgraded to Mac 1P7 standalone, can't sync second vault in Dropbox

jd007
jd007
Community Member

Hi, I purchased 1P7 to replace my previous standalone version, downloaded and installed. Synced my Primary vault ok, but can't sync the second vault I have. It's in a different folder in Dropbox, when I navigated to it to select it, I get the error message "This does not appear to be the Dropbox folder. Please choose the folder with the name Dropbox".

I tried moving that vault into the same folder as the primary vault is, but got the same error.

What else is possible here please?

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Upgraded to 1P7 standalone, can't sync second vault

Comments

• jd007
    jd007
    Community Member

I'm posting a comment to bump my issue up in the hope that support will see it, there doesn't seem to be a method to people getting support replies here? I've noticed posts of only a few hours old being answered, yet there are some older ones on the 4th page where mine now is that have no replies?

• jd007
    jd007
    Community Member

3 days now, still no response...

• jd007
    jd007
    Community Member

Got a tweet back from agilebits saying they are 'overwhelmed' with support requests. Looks like we are beta testers big time here.

OK so I read somebody else's post with a similar issue, and agilebits guys said that 1P can access ~/Dropbox/Apps/1Password folder. I shifted my second opvault file into that folder as it wasn't there, but still no joy, getting the same error. (see screenshot)

• Hi @jd007

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble here. Is your Dropbox folder or your home folder symlinked? The other cases I’ve seen of this have been related to having the path in which the keychain is stored symlinked to another location in the file system, which doesn’t appear to be compatible with sandboxing. 1Password 7 is now sandboxed. We anticipate that Apple may eventually make this a requirement for all apps.

Ben

• jd007
    jd007
    Community Member

Well I never received a reply here on the forum; but I emailed support and did a get a reply there after 3 days, which has solved my issue. For the benefit of others experiencing this same who may find this with a search, this is what worked for me:

1. Update 1Password 7 for Mac to the latest version: https://support.1password.com/update-1password/
    2. Choose Vault menu > Switch to Vault > (Vault name)
    3. Choose Vault menu > Delete Vault.
    4. Open Finder and find your (Vault name).opvault file, double click it to import your data again.
  • Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@jd007 - that's certainly one way to do it. Glad Greig was able to assist you. :)

ref: SHQ-88856-832

This discussion has been closed.