Unable to set ⌘⌥\ as a shortcut

martijn_bleeker
martijn_bleeker
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

Since 1Password 7, the behaviour for ⌘\ changed and is interfering with my programming editor.
I'm, trying to set it to ⌘⌥\ instead, but I keep getting a popup saying "The key combination ⌘C can't be used!", which is not the combination that I'm pressing.

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: macOS 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• martijn_bleeker
    martijn_bleeker
    Community Member

I'm sorry for opening this entry, after a bit more digging around, it seems to be misconfiguration on my machine.
    Still not sure what is happening, but apparently ⌘⌥\ is actually triggering ⌘C.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

Hi @martijn_bleeker,

I'm sorry for opening this entry

I'm actually glad you did and it can be me who's sorry for the trouble you're having with 1Password shortcuts.

Now back to the details:

the behaviour for ⌘\ changed and is interfering with my programming editor.

We've had similar reports and are looking into ways of handling this.

I'm, trying to set it to ⌘⌥\ instead, …

When the default ⌥⌘\ shortcut is used for Show 1Password you wouldn't be able to change it to also be the shortcut for Fill Login or Show 1Password (instead of the ⌘\ default). You'd first need to change the shortcut for Show 1Password to something other than ⌥⌘.

but I keep getting a popup saying "The key combination ⌘C can't be used!", which is not the combination that I'm pressing.

What you mentioned in your second message:

Still not sure what is happening, but apparently ⌘⌥\ is actually triggering ⌘C.

… is the most logical explanation I know for why you'd see this alert if not pressing ⌘C when trying to change a shortcut:

Sure does sound like another app is stealing ⌥⌘\ and using it as ⌘C, maybe a clipboard manager? We'd appreciate you sharing anything new you discover about this. Thanks!

ref: apple-1411

• martijn_bleeker
    martijn_bleeker
    Community Member

I've been poking around a bit, and thank you so much for mentioning the clipboard manager.
    It's not a setting that I have found so far, but as soon as I shut down Alfred (alfredapp.com),
    ⌘⌥\ stops triggering ⌘C.

It doesn't look like Alfred has a setting to map that key, and it's definitely weird behaviour.
    The solution for me right now is to quit Alfred, re-map the key combination for 1Password, start Alfred and everything works as normal.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Happy to hear you got it figured out @martijn_bleeker. :)

• Xipper
    Xipper
    Community Member

The solution is: Open Alfred Preferences, select Features, click File Search, click Actions section, click in box at bottom and delete.

• Thanks for sharing @Xipper! :+1:

• Sai_
    Sai_
    Community Member

@Xipper Thank you!! Fixed it for me too. :+1:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Sai_ - glad this worked for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.