1P 7 mini not submitting

kelpie
kelpie
Community Member

Hi
In v6 if I tried to submit a password on a web page when 1P was locked it would pop up the login screen, I would then log in and my details would be submitted. In v7 if 1P is locked it still gives me the log in screen but then I have to click on 'Fill' before the details are submitted. This seems an unnecessary extra click. I do have 'Submit logins' selected under the gear menu.
Is this intentional?
Cheers

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ClaymoreX
    ClaymoreX
    Community Member

I'm seeing the same behaviour. It's funny; that's what was happening to me in 1P v6 for Windows, but now it's reversed. 1Pv7 for Windows will fill automatically, but the Mac version isn't. I hope they'll address this quickly.

• Hey @kelpie! Let's check 1Password's preferences to see if the autosubmit script is working properly:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click 1Password 7 > Preferences in the menu bar.
    3. Choose Browsers, then make sure "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" is checked. If it is, uncheck and recheck it.

Let us know how that goes!

• kelpie
    kelpie
    Community Member

Hi
    I checked the prefs and this item was checked. I unchecked it and checked it again. I ensured 1P was locked and went to a site to log in and used the key combination to log in. 1P opened its login screen and I entered my password. The site log in was not filled in and I had to click on 'Fill' before the details were transferred to the site. Just to be clear, if 1P is unlocked when I try this everything works fine.

Cheers

• @kelpie Thanks for clarifying. When 1Password is locked and you press \, then enter your Master Password to unlock it, you need to select a Login item (or press enter) to fill it. 1Password won't automatically fill it right when it's unlocked. We're working on improving that though, since it's a bit different from the behavior in 1Password 6.

ref: apple-672

• maennerta
    maennerta
    Community Member

Autosubmit is not working for me. When I try to turn it on, I get a dialogue that says I have to select the autosubmit script and points me to "2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword7-helper". However, that folder does not exist on my computer. I'm using 1Password 7
    Version 7.0.7 (70007000).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

Welcome to the forum, @maennerta! Sorry for the trouble you're having just now with autosubmit. Can you give us a little more information besides your 1Password version? What version of macOS are you running, and what browser are you using? Have you always had this problem, or is it something that's recently cropped up. If the latter, did you change anything on your system around the time you started noticing this issue?

ref: CET-16648-423

This discussion has been closed.