Unable to install 1Password 6 license

riicard
riicard
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

I have a 1Password 6 license that I am unable to install on 1Password version 6.8.9. I retrieve my original license from my email, then click "Click here to Apply Your 1Password License" which loads an agilebits license install page, then click "Open 1Password.app" and 1Password opens a 1Password Product Registration prompt where the license is not auto applied and I am unable to add a license. I have tried drag drop and clicking the "add license" button, with no success.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

HI there @riicard

It sounds to me like you might have accidentally downloaded 1Password from the Mac App Store. Your license won't work with that version of 1Password. If you did, you will need to move "1Password.app" in your Applications folder to the trash and redownload the version from our website at https://1password.com/downloads/ by clicking on the "Using OS X El Capitan or earlier?" button.

• hsiamm
    hsiamm
    Community Member

Hi Corey! I had the same problem so I trashed 1Password, re-downloaded 6.8.9 from the link you provided (not the App Store), and when I try to register my 1Password 6 Family license, nothing happens. When I try to double-click on my 1Password LIcense, it says "invalid license - failed to parse the license file". How can I resolve this? Thanks!

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi @hsiamm

Is your license for 1Password 6 or 7?

• hsiamm
    hsiamm
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

While I bought 1Password 4 back in the day, I'm pretty sure we "upgraded" to 5 and 6. The latest license I received was one for 1Password 6.2, I guess?

FWIW, my mom's computer is on 6.8.9 and properly licensed. But she's not on Mojave (would that have anything to do with it?).

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@hsiamm

So you have the actual license file on your computer, and try to open it and it refuses to be recognized? Are you sure you didn't accidentally download 1Password 7?

• hsiamm
    hsiamm
    Community Member

Yes. It's 6.8.9, as shown in the "about 1Password" screenshot. Any ideas on what's causing this and how to resolve?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hsiamm - unfortunately, no. Not just from what I've seen so far. Would you mind shooting us a quick email to support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread? I don't want to discuss personally-identifying license details here in this public forum. Thanks. You'll get an auto-reply from our BitBot assistant which will contain a support ID number. Please post that here, in this thread, so we can "connect the dots" and make sure this issue gets addressed as quickly as possible. Thanks! :)

• hsiamm
    hsiamm
    Community Member

Hi Lars! Thank you for taking a look at this. The support ID for the ticket I submitted is: #DZL-13558-381. Let me know if you need anything else. This is indeed a strange issue.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hsiamm - thanks, replied there. :)

• hsiamm
    hsiamm
    Community Member

@Lars and @Corey_C : any updates on this ticket? I've emailed details you've requested as well as a video showing the non-response from the software but I haven't heard anything back and it's been 6 days? Please advise. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hsiamm - I replied to you via email. :)

This discussion has been closed.