Identity of the browser

Avi
Avi
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

Hi,
I am using 1Password Version 5.3 (530029) bought throw Mac App Store. I use MacOs High Sierra, version 10.13.4 (17E202) on a MacBookAir.

Since 2 days, I get a message, using Opera, Chrome or Firefox. telling me that 1Password can’t verify the identity of my browser.
1Password is located in the Applications folder, as well for the different browsers.
I have uninstalled 1Password mini whithout any results.
somebody can help?
Thanks
Avi

1Password Version: 5.3 (530029)
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: High Sierra, version 10.13.4 (17E202)
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Avi! Can I ask why you've chosen not to update 1Password beyond version 5.3? While it was a great version in its day, that day is more than three years ago, and we're all the way up on version 7 now. If you purchased from the Mac App Store, you should have had the opportunity to automatically update the app all the way through version 6.8.9, incrementally, in the past three years. Did that not happen for you?

• Avi
    Avi
    Community Member

Hi Lars,
    I don't remember to have the information to update 1Password from Mac App Store.
    I thought that it was necessary to buy a new licence, to obtain the updates, and for my use it is not necessary.
    That is the reason.
    Can you tell me what happened and what I can do to have 1Password working as before ?
    Sorry for my English, and thank you for your software, which is very very helpful.
    Alain

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Avi

I thought that it was necessary to buy a new license, to obtain the updates...

Well, 1Password 7 (the current version) does require a new license, but you should have been able to update all the way through version 6.8.9 without doing anything unusual or making any additional purchases.

The first thing I'd like you to do is upgrade your version of 1Password to version 6.8.9. Can you also tell me what version you're using of each browser you mentioned, as well as what version of 1Password extension? Without that information, it's quite difficult to say what might be going on.

• Avi
    Avi
    Community Member

@Lars,
    I have always used version 5.3 (530029) from Mac App Store.
    Concerning the extension where must I look for Opera,
    Chrome and Firefox 4.7.1.90

To be sure to no make mistake, the upgrade needed to be from Apple App Store or from Agilebits site ?
    Can you explain me how to do it in a good way.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@Avi - you should be able to open "Updates" in the Mac App Store on your Mac, and update 1Password from there. If you don't see it listed as one of your update options, let me know. Make sure you visit 1Password Preferences > Backups and click "Backup Now" before updating.

ref: ERS-29916-499

• Avi
    Avi
    Community Member

@Lars,
    Backups is done,
    When I go in the Mac App Store, I did not see any update of any software. If I go to search and I put 1Password, It propose me 1Password 7; I have understood that it is not the right update.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Avi: Indeed, since the App Store doesn't have an upgrade system in place, 1Password 7 is a separate app that supports 1Password.com memberships. If you'd prefer a license, you can install 1Password directly from our website, and do the purchase from within the app:

https://1password.com/downloads/

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps -- including 1Password 7 -- the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, let me know if you have any questions. Happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.