Clicking "Skip This Version", but 1Password keeps prompting to update after every restart

holt
holt
Community Member

I use my computer mostly for work, so I often dismiss notifications for updates until I can read the change log. I read the change log for 6.8.9 and I don't use Opera, so I clicked "Skip This Version" to save me time. After a few system restarts the last few days I was getting prompted by 1Password every time to update with the change log always containing some reference to Opera. I kept clicking "Skip This Version", until I started getting fed up and wrote down what version I had (v6.8.8) and what version it was trying to update to (v6.8.9). Today it prompted me again and I can now confirm it's asking me to update to same version (v6.8.9). Clearly it's not respecting my selection to "Skip This Version".

Tell me if there are any details, logs, or dumps I can provide you with to help. I really love you guys and the quality and care you put into your work, thanks!

Your fan,

Holt

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2018

Hi @holt,

This was a bug in the updater that has been fixed in v6.8.9. I’m sorry that note didn’t make it into the changelog (likely because we didn’t have a bug filed against it).

Ben

• holt
    holt
    Community Member

Thanks! Lol, so I've been trying to skip the update that allows me to skip updates. What a laugh, I'll update!

• Yeah. Is that irony? I think that might be irony. Sorry about that. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.