Dropbox after setting up account

NickIceCream
NickIceCream
Community Member

with previous versions of 1P, I stored my passwords in a vault on Dropbox.

I have installed 1P version 7, signed up for an account, and have apparently imported all my data from Dropbox into my new 1P account.

Is it now really safe to delete my 1Password vault? I would actually archive it until I know version 7 works OK.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi @NickIceCream

If you have safely imported your Dropbox data into your new 1Password membership then it is safe and recommended to remove your old vault from the app. Unless you actually go and delete the keychain file from Dropbox, you're not actually deleting anything, simply removing it from the app. So it's always there as a backup if need be.

• NickIceCream
    NickIceCream
    Community Member

how do I remove it from the Mac app? not an obvious option. right-clicking on it doesn't provide that option.

same for iOS. I have a device that is holding onto it along with then recently created account

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@NickIceCream

In the Mac apps? Open up 1Password and click Vault>Switch to Vault>Primary and then Vault>Delete Vault.

On the iOS app, open 1Password and tap Settings>Vault>Primary>Delete Vault.

• NickIceCream
    NickIceCream
    Community Member

on the Mac, I just did the first step (Switch to Vault>Primary) and it now has that checked. But the Delete Vault option is greyed out.

• NickIceCream
    NickIceCream
    Community Member

on the iOS device, I was able to delete it

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@NickIceCream Do you have any secondary standalone vaults? Maybe such as the Demo vault? If so, you will need to delete those first before deleting your Primary vault.

Otherwise, make sure you have your membership vaults added properly to the app first.

• NickIceCream
    NickIceCream
    Community Member

I have no demo vault.

how would one know if one didn't add the membership vaults "properly"?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@NickIceCream All I meant by that was make sure that the membership account has been added properly to your app. If you check in 1Password>Preferences>Accounts and your account is listed there, you should be good.

So when you go to Vault>Switch to Vault>Primary and then go back to the Vault menu, "Delete Vault" is greyed out?

• NickIceCream
    NickIceCream
    Community Member

yes

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@NickIceCream Hmm, try this: Open up 1Password and, in the top menu bar, click 1Password>Preferences>Advanced. At the bottom of the window is an option for Local Vaults. Is that also greyed out? If so, there should be a reason underneath as to why it is greyed out.

• NickIceCream
    NickIceCream
    Community Member

that looks like the problem. I had an old vault that was still around. thanks for the help

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Happy to help, @NickIceCream, take care. :)

This discussion has been closed.