Teams + Perpetual License. Combined use in 1Password.app ?

I have been a long time user on a personal perpetual licence. I have been syncing to a 3rd party cloud service since the very beginning. It works great across all OS + Devices. I have zero need to move to the subscription model.

Now for work I am looking at testing out Teams. I run a small geo-distributed group in 3x countries.

My question is, in my local 1Password.app will I be able to continue to use my perpetual license and Teams together? Or will using Teams force me to go to full subscription model for both personal and teams?

I really hope not.

Tonka.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Teams combined with permanent personal license

Comments

• My question is, in my local 1Password.app will I be able to continue to use my perpetual license and Teams together?

Yes, absolutely. The only thing I caution people on is that doing this gives you two distinct Master Passwords, which can be different, and each must be remembered. The Master Password you’re currently using, which is the Master Password of your Primary vault, will continue to unlock 1Password after adding your 1Password Teams account. But it is in no way tied to the 1Password Teams account Master Password. The easiest thing to do is to make these two passwords the same, and if you are going to change one also change the other. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.