How do I get some help with getting 1Password working with Chrome?

abbright1
abbright1
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

How to get support??? I need HELP!!! Downloaded latest version of 1Password and it doesn't work on my Mac using Chrome

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I get some help?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

The first thing to do is to provide some specific information. For example:

• What previous version of 1Password were you using that was working? Was it a version of 1Password 7 or was it a version of 1Password 6?
    • Crucially, where is your 1Password data? Do you use a standalone licence or a 1Password.com subscription?
    • What do you mean when you say "it doesn't work". What exactly is not working? Do you have access to your 1Password data?

The more you can tell us the easier it will be for someone to help you.

Stephen

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@abbright1

Stephen_C is correct here. You have come to the right place for help but we can't help you if we don't know what is going on. "It doesn't work" does not tell us much. If you could elaborate a little more on what exactly isn't working and what you are trying to do we would be more than happy to help you figure it out. :)

• abbright1
    abbright1
    Community Member

Stephen, I downloaded the latest version of 1Password on my Mac and now "it" 1Password no longer works using Google Chrome. I had version 6 and it downloaded version 7. Hopefully this is clear.

• abbright1
    abbright1
    Community Member

Stephen, I can still use 1Password just not with Chrome.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@abbright1 What happens when you try to use 1Password with Chrome? You click the button in Chrome and what happens? Anything?

• abbright1
    abbright1
    Community Member

Nothing happens at all. It just doesn't move at all. When I quit Chrome, 1Password will open and I can use it. All passwords are safely stored as they should be. I had hoped to continue to use Chrome. Your Thoughts?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@abbright1

This likely happened as a result of the update. What I would suggest is to try giving your Mac a quick reboot and see if that fixes the issue. Either the update threw something out of whack or you still have some remnants of 1Password 6 still running. Either way, a reboot should solve the issue. Give that a try and let me know how it goes. :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I know of an issue with Chrome itself that occurs at times, but I can't recall if it affects use of 1PW.

Choose About Google Chrome from the menu and see if it shows that you are running the latest version of Chrome. It may tell you that you have to relaunch Chrome to get the latest update, and I have seen that solve problems.

• abbright1
    abbright1
    Community Member

I rebooted my MacBook Air but it didn't help at all. NO change and 1Password still doesen't work. Need Help!!

• @abbright1 Do you happen to have 1Password or Chrome installed in your user Applications folder, often referred to as ~/Applications? While this would have worked with previous versions of 1Password, 1Password 7 is now sandboxed so both 1Password and any browser you want to use with it must be located in the system Applications folder. To get things working again, you can move 1Password to that folder:

1. Open 1Password and press Command-Option-Control-Q to quit it completely.
    2. Move 1Password 7.app from ~/Applications to /Applications.
    3. Open 1Password again and restart any open browsers to start using it.

Let me know how that goes! :)

This discussion has been closed.