Upgraded from v6 to v7 and my tags didn't migrate properly

holt
holt
Community Member

I updated from v6.8.8 to v7.0.4 and my tags migrated in a weird way. Any tags with dates formatted with forward slashes "/" are displayed in the sidebar as sub-tags while the tags listed in the item window are still displayed properly. At first I tried to fix one myself by renaming the parent tag in the sidebar and then deleting the sub-tags in the sidebar, but when I deleted the sub-tag it also deleted the parent tag! Fortunately it wasn't an important tag, though I will miss it. ;(

I've attached an image.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• @holt

Sorry about that. This is a known consequence of the new nested tags feature. I’m not sure there is much if anything we can/will do about this, but we do have a bug filed to see if any improvement to the process can be made.

Ben

• holt
    holt
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply, you're surprisingly prompt!

To clarify, what exactly is the known issue? The migration splitting the tags or deleting a nested tag also deleting the parent tag?

If you aren't releasing a fix, how do I fix my tags?

Thanks,

Holt

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@holt - Ben was referring to the use of forward slashes -- this is the separator indicator in the new nested tags setup. So, any tags (or folders) you previously had with slashes in them would be converted to nested tags like

Old (pre-7.x version) tag some/awesome/stuff

would appear after conversion as

some
    awesome
    stuff

In other words, "awesome" is not a top-level tag, it's available only within "some", and "stuff" is only available within "awesome." Hope this helps!

• holt
    holt
    Community Member

@Lars Thanks for helping clarify. I've managed to clear up the tag structure to something I like now.

• Great. Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.