Not getting update notifications

This discussion was created from comments split from: No v7 upgrade notification?.

Comments

• mdaniel
    mdaniel
    Community Member

Is this the right ticket to say "me, too" only from within the 7 series? I received instructions to "try 7.0.4" when I'm on 7.0.2, but 1P for Mac hasn't said anything to me, nor put anything in the Notifications try on my Mac that would have lead me to learn there was an update. I can assure you that there is no way I will constantly launch 1P, the use the "check for updates." 1P Mini is running all the time, I would expect that functionality to be its responsibility.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mdaniel - We've split this off into a separate thread; can you please visit Preferences > Updates and make sure "Automatically check for updates" is checked?

• mdaniel
    mdaniel
    Community Member

Both of them are checked, "check for updates" and "Automatically install updates" but I can assure you that I was not updated from 7.0.0 nor 7.0.2, and when I went 1Password 7 > Check for updates... only at that time did it download the update and ask me to install it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mdaniel - are you possibly using either HandsOff or LittleSnitch, which might interfere with both the checking for and downloading of new versions, if not set correctly?

• mdaniel
    mdaniel
    Community Member

I am not using either of those, nor anything like them, nor do I have Firewall turned on. The only interesting thing about the networking on my Mac is that I (thankfully!) have an IPv6 address through Comcast (for clarity: I still have a normal IPv4 address that's NAT-ed through my router, but I'd bet that's very common among your customers)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mdaniel - so, it's a bit hard to do any further testing immediately, unless you're willing to revert, etc, which I wouldn't expect you to do. 7.0.4 is the new version for the moment, so let's wait until 7.0.5 -- which shouldn't be long -- and see what happens at that time.

This discussion has been closed.