Safari Browser Plugin Not Working

Grakson
Grakson
Community Member

I recently updated my 1Password app to version 7.0.4. Since the update I've not been able to get my Safari plugin to work. When I click the button in the top next to the URL it changes states on the click, but it doesn't do anything. Nothing pops out, nothing starts, etc.

• I've tried deleting the extension and reinstalling it
  • I've made sure that 1Password is running in my Menu Bar
  • I've left the 1Password applicaiton open and running

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I use this feature a lot when working within sites, but now I have to keep going back and forth between the app to copy and past passwords and usernames.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• jarrah
    jarrah
    Community Member

I have exactly the same problem with the same situation after upgrading to 7.0.4 from 6.x earlier today.

In addition to the above, I've:

• Uninstalled the extension and rebooted the Mac
    • Tried installing both the Developer and Gallery version
    • The same problem occurs with Chrome on Mac

Extension: 4.71

• rbaugh
    rbaugh
    Community Member

Not working for Safari and Firefox. Downloaded and re-installed both browser extensions and they don't work. I haven't tried Chrome as I am using the Chrome X

• jarrah
    jarrah
    Community Member

I've sent a diagnostics report in case it helps: [#UDP-55289-124]

• Madmartigan
    Madmartigan
    Community Member

Same problem here. Safari 11.1.1 on Mac OS Sierra.

• rbaugh
    rbaugh
    Community Member

I ended up going back in and uninstalling and reinstalling and then ended up rebooting due to OS update and the extensions are working in both Safari and Firefox for me. It does state on the extensions help page to reboot, odd that it needed this for me. Once installed on each browser, the command \ was loading up the mini, but it kept asking me to install the extension for that browser and was trying to pull in items for that specific browser. Again reboot helped me here.

• Grakson
    Grakson
    Community Member

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting and shutting down and booting back up. No action as helped resolve the issue since it initially broke. Any other suggestions from anyone else?

• Chubaloo
    Chubaloo
    Community Member

Could someone let me know if Browser Extension in One Password 7 EXPECTED behaviour is to just open One Password Mini from the menu bar? As that is all that happens for me on Chrome, FF, and Safari. It seems almost pointless having a browser extension if all it is is a shortcut to open One Password Mini.

Or am I experiencing the same issue as you guys? That all my browser extensions no longer work and they are simply falling back to open One Password Mini when they are clicked?

Thanks

• Grakson
    Grakson
    Community Member

My issue doesn't even generate an open back to the min version of the app. It simply doesn't work. Today I noticed that I'm not able to click a link from the 1Password app that says Open and Auto Fill. It just sits there and does nothing. Has something happen to the way the application executes and fills in forms since the last update? The app itself still opens and allows me to search and create new accounts, but again anything to do with a browser is not working with Safari.

• Chubaloo
    Chubaloo
    Community Member

^ I follow. Looks like a similar, but different issue. I shall start a new thread about mine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry for the trouble, folks, and the delay getting back to you. It sounds like some or all of you may be running into an issue with sandboxing. You'll need to ensure that both the browser and 1Password are in the default system /Applications folder. Restarting your Mac afterward may help too, but let me know either way.

• Grakson
    Grakson
    Community Member

Thank you Brenty! That's exactly what the issue was. The application, when it was updated, somehow was loaded in my specific username application account folder. As soon as I move it over to the computer application folder and restarted everything started working!!!

• Thanks for the update @Grakson. :) Because 1Password 7 is sandboxed it is now critical that it and any browsers be located in /Applications. The 1Password installer should be installing it there.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.