Lost Ability to Custom Sort Favorites

jthomerson
jthomerson
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

In previous versions of 1Password I could provide a custom sort order for entries in my "favorites" (sort by "favorite"). With 1Password 7, it appears that I can only sort by Title. For my use, that's a big a disappointment because there's one password entry that I need dozens of times a day (for the current OTP), and I always want it at the top.

Thanks for all the work on the updates!

1Password 7
Version 7.0.4 (70004001)
AgileBits Store

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.13.4 (17E199)
Sync Type: 1Password Accounts

Comments

• Cameron85737
    Cameron85737
    Community Member

Same here, same reason.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Can't you just change the title so that it appears first? I'm not sure what the title sort order is but adding 1 or a space at the beginning of the title should do it, I guess.

• Hey guys! As danco mentioned, you can change the title to sort things the way you'd like as a workaround. I'll let the team know you'd like to sort favorites in a custom order as well.

ref: apple-1499

• webregnet
    webregnet
    Community Member

@Jacob

Your answer might be a joke, are you serious ?! Back in the old time sorting method for files...

I intend to get in the today update, the return of manuel sort for Favorites,

It's really easy to add and was there before in 1P6, but it's not done :-(

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

@webregnet we are sorry for the inconvenience, but rest assured, your feedback has been noted. Hopefully we will see this feature return in a future release :smile:.

• neex
    neex
    Community Member

I, too, came here to request that this feature be restored. It stands as my most desired functionality; I really depended upon it in previous versions.

Also, on the subject of sorting, I might request the ability to sort the order in which items in the sidebar are ordered (i.e. Watchtower, Categories, their subcategories, etc.)--I think this was possible in previous versions as well.

With that said, great work on the update. The interface is beautiful and intuitive. I also like how Watchtower no longer flags 4-digit pins (which are occasionally mandated by pitiful institutions such as the local DMV) as "weak passwords."

Love the inactive 2FA feature.

1P is indispensable.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@neex - thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you like the new 1Password 7. Regarding your specific request, we'd like to see that as well. To give you a little peek behind the curtains, the reason it was removed and hasn't made a comeback yet has to do with the fact that what we were doing in earlier versions amounted to a Mac-only setup; we were leveraging macOS to allow us to do something that wasn't reflected across other platforms. With the advent of 1password.com accounts -- especially those like 1Password Families and 1Password Teams which have shared vaults, we need to figure out a solution that's much more robust (after all, should my favorites supersede yours if we share a vault), and also works on not only any of our four platforms, but also the web view of 1Password. So it's not quite as simple as restoring what was removed. But thanks for adding your voice for the return of custom-sort, and keep an eye on the updates! :)

• DonLand1
    DonLand1
    Community Member

To resurrect an old thread that still hasn't been corrected. I just upgraded from 6 to 7 and am bummed that there is no custom sort also. Hopefully its getting closer to getting re-implemented.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @DonLand1! I've nothing to report on that score currently. If you've read this or similar threads, you'll know that the reason it's not present right now is due the need to re-design saved searches and sort orders to work seamlessly across all platforms and also the 1password.com server, which isn't as easy as it might sound. In the past, we relied upon platform-specific tools to accomplish these organizational features. These days, with ever-tighter integration between versions and the addition of the 1password.com server records, we can no longer rely on such methods. But thanks for letting us know you're interested in this, too! :)

• DonLand1
    DonLand1
    Community Member

Yep. Read that right above my previous post. Just mentioning it again as it’s a pretty big step backwards in my book.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@DonLand1 - gotcha. Thanks for weighing in. :)

This discussion has been closed.