1Password update to version 7.0.4, now 1Password is not working with Chrome

Puma
Puma
Community Member

Hello. This is my configuration:

MacBook running Sierra 10.12.6 (my MacBook is an older mid-2012 version, so I have not yet upgraded to High Sierra and probably won't any time soon)
Running Chrome version 67.0.3396.62
Running 1Password - new update to 7.0.4

Chrome and 1Password had been working together seamlessly and now that I updated to this new 1Password 7.0.4 today, the Chrome extension, which I uninstalled and re-installed, isn't working and none of the interfaces with Chrome are working now. I have to just copy and paste all my passwords now. "Open and fill" isn't working either. Please help. I have looked through this forum and have not seen another thread with this issue yet. Thank you!

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Whatever the newest one is
OS Version: OS 10.12.6 on Macbook
Sync Type: ???

Comments

• Garywhitemi
    Garywhitemi
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

I just updated to 1 Password 7.0.4 and lost all my passwords and the prior AgileBits 1Password Version 6.8.9 . I want my data back. I have no clue on some of the passwords and hard to replicate. Good Luck Puma!

• Hey @Puma! Could you try what I mentioned in this post to see if that helps get things working? Let us now how it goes!

• @Garywhitemi I see you emailed us as well so I'm gonna respond to you there now. :)

ref: NME-64533-381

• Puma
    Puma
    Community Member

Hi @Jacob, I followed those instructions but then the application wouldn't work at all. So I just un-installed the entire 1password program from my MacBook and un-installed the extension from Chrome. Then I fresh re-installed the software again and the extension and now it's working. Thank you for explaining about the folder. It's working now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update! Glad that did the trick for you. :chuffed:

In case it helps anyone else, if Chrome is out of date or has an update pending, it will break many extensions, including 1Password. Make sure you update Chrome completely:

chrome://settings/help

Or, if that isn't working for some reason, install the latest version from Google's website:

https://www.google.com/chrome

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.