favorites forced into alphabetical order.

MikeH
MikeH
Community Member

Downloaded 7, great update but I want my favorites in the order I choose which is NOT alphabetical.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.0.4
OS Version: OSX 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Just downloaded 7. favorites forced into alphabetical order. I want them in the order I choose

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@MikeH - thanks for weighing in on this topic. You're not alone on this one. We're looking into ways we can allow re-ordering of favorites that works in a comprehensive, cross-platform way. Up through version 6.x, 1Password for Mac allowed favorites-sorting via a Mac-specific preference file that was stored only on your Mac -- it did not work if you used Windows or Android, and it wasn't the same on 1password.com if you had a subscription, either. Things are a little more complicated than they were back in the era of 1Password 4 for Mac or 5, and we're looking for a cross-platform solution that also works with the 1password.com servers, so this can be solved in a more comprehensive way going forward. I can't give you any idea about when we'll have that ready for debut or even testing, but you will likely find such new features in the beta first. If you're using 1Password 7 downloaded from our website, you can visit Preferences > Updates and turn on "Include beta builds." Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.