Standalone License Clarification

MarkRanes
MarkRanes
Community Member

So, just to clarify everything in my mind. As a current 1Password 6 standalone user, syncing through Dropbox, if I purchase a standalone 1Password 7 license, I can continue to operate just as I have in the past, without a membership, and sync between my MacBook and several iOS devices. Basically no underlying changes other than being on the new version right?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

That is correct. There are merely some wrinkles with Dropbox which may involve setting up again 1Password sync with Dropbox—but there are people here who will help with that if you need it.

Stephen

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MarkRanes, welcome to the forum! We are happy to help!

Yes, you can continue to use Dropbox sync with no underlying changes. In fact, when you open 1Password 7 for the first time:

• Your accounts and vaults will be imported from the earlier version of 1Password.
    • Your folders will be converted to tags.
    • If you sync with Dropbox, iCloud, or the WLAN server, your sync settings will be imported.

If you would like detailed upgrade directions, check out Getting Started with 1Password 7.

• MarkRanes
    MarkRanes
    Community Member

Thanks so much for the prompt responses. You've told me exactly what I want to hear:)

• On behalf of Jad, you're welcome :)

• MarkRanes
    MarkRanes
    Community Member

I just made the jump to 7. Upgrade to my standalone license went easily, as expected! Syncing to my Dropbox account was seamless and all is good!

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Great to hear @MarkRanes! Thanks for being a loyal customer :smile:. Please let us know if you need more assistance.

• MarkRanes
    MarkRanes
    Community Member

iPassword is a main player in so many ways, on my desktop Mac and on my iOS devices. Reading these forums would lead you to believe there are lots of disgruntled users, complaining about having to pay to upgrade. But 1Password is so important to my workflows, that that I don't mind supporting the company that supports me:) Consider me one of the gruntled folks!

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

@MarkRanes thank you for the kind words! We will not stop until everyone is happy :smile:.

This discussion has been closed.