I installed 7 update over 6 stand alone app and now cannot log in. demands that I sign in

Arkay
Arkay
Community Member

I installed the iPW 7 update over my 1PW 6 stand alone app and now I cannot log in. It is asking me to sign in with a "sign-in address" and a "Secret Key" and I have no idea what those are. I either need to be able to log in to seven or I need to re-install 6.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:installed 7 update over 6 stand alone app and now cannot log in. demands that I sign in

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

You have managed to follow the diversion to a 1Password subscription at 1Password.com—which it sounds as though you did not intend to do. Don't worry: you're not alone with that particular problem. I assume you can see your 1Password entries but 1Password is in read only mode. Is that correct? If so, to save me typing it all again :) you may like to look at this recent post of mine where I gave guidance to someone in a similar situation.

If you still have problems after that, or if I've misunderstood anything, do please post again here.

Stephen

• Jacob
    edited June 2018

Hey @Arkay! As Stephen mentioned, it sounds like you followed the 1Password membership path to upgrade instead of a license. Did his post help you get things sorted out?

ref: RYZ-28917-652

This discussion has been closed.