How do I set up 1Password 7 on a Mac to connect to previous (1Password 6) icloud vault?

Options
imaginal
imaginal
Community Member

I'm using a Mac OS High Sierra and just upgraded from 1Password 6 to 7. After setting up the app and subscribing, I cannot find a way to sync with the vault stored in iCloud. I see no sync buttons or options at all, anywhere in menus or preferences. Distressingly, I currently have no data other than my new AgileBits data. How can I get to the older iCloud data (without erasing or corrupting it- I am also syncing with 3 IOS devices)?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: OS 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:how to set up mac connect to icloud 1password 7

Comments

• cfhumble
    cfhumble
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem.

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @imaginal and @cfhumble! There should be a sync tab when you unlock 1Password and click 1Password > Preferences. If you don't see one there, you're using 1Password with a membership, which syncs your data automatically. You can go back to using iCloud, but you'll lose the benefits of a membership. That includes all the 1Password apps so you can use it on your computer, phone, tablet, or even a browser, automatic sync between all the devices you end up adding, versions of your items that are backed up automatically so you can restore one if you make a change by mistake, and much more:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Let us know what you decide to do and we'll go from there!

• imaginal
    imaginal
    Community Member
    Options

Wait- I thought I solved my problem by reloading 1Password and choosing iCloud. I then had all my logins, etc, show up. The problem before was that none of my data was present. However, I did sign up for a membership so did I screw that up? This is very confusing.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi @imaginal and @cfhumble, check out this help page, which explains how to migrate your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account.

This discussion has been closed.