How can I disable the password insecure warning in 1Password 7.0.4?

2»

Comments

• funzyl
    funzyl
    Community Member

Hey there!

I'd be happy to have a feature to remove the weak password warning as well!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know your preference. :)

• fiamh
    fiamh
    Community Member

Another +1 for being able to right click on a password entry and flag it as 'not vulnerable'. The list itself is incredibly useful, but not if important signals are buried in noise. For some reason my Asus web stick is flagged as having been compromised - when there's no URL or access to it stored anywhere. Same for a host of local IP addresses.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fiamh: If you're finding that things are "buried", it sounds like you've got some work to do. ;) Definitely another thing we can consider as we develop future versions of 1Password though.

But regarding the specific compromised items you're seeing, it sounds like you're confusing a compromised password with vulnerable websites. If you've got a password or a PIN in those items, you should take a look at those. They've probably been used elsewhere and are part of a password dump.

• fiamh
    fiamh
    Community Member

@brenty No doubt I've got work to do. But 1Password makes it hard to find the relevant stuff. E.g., I have four little travel routers. They use Admin/Wifi passwords printed on the outside which are 8 digit codes.

I am sure all of these numbers (and hashes) have been present in data breaches.. but it doesn't matter unless you can get hold of the router... and then the number is printed on the stick anyway for all to use.

There are multiple other examples in my 'Vulnerable passwords' list. Ideally I want that list to be empty so when something does show up I'll notice right away. Currently, not so much -- was it 15 or 16 entries in that list yesterday?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No doubt I've got work to do. But 1Password makes it hard to find the relevant stuff.

@fiamh: I'm not sure this meets your criteria for "relevant", but for me personally I always just prioritize the most sensitive stuff: financial accounts, work, social media. I know it can sometimes be daunting, when there are a lot of new breaches, but we gotta start somewhere.

E.g., I have four little travel routers. They use Admin/Wifi passwords printed on the outside which are 8 digit codes.

:scream: I'd change those ASAP.

I am sure all of these numbers (and hashes) have been present in data breaches.. but it doesn't matter unless you can get hold of the router... and then the number is printed on the stick anyway for all to use. There are multiple other examples in my 'Vulnerable passwords' list. Ideally I want that list to be empty so when something does show up I'll notice right away. Currently, not so much -- was it 15 or 16 entries in that list yesterday?

Yep. That makes sense. I'm not sure most people have multiple travel routers. 15 or 16 sounds pretty manageable, but we are looking into ways to offer more flexibility with this feature in the future, as mentioned above. Thanks for the examples!

• Arrell
    Arrell
    Community Member

Just migrated to 1Password, because my main PC is a Mac now, and the recent outage of a service that shall not be named screwed me, so I wanted redundancy. I mark PIN numbers as Passwords, so they are not plainly visible. I have several pins for apps, money accounts, etc, so it creates a fair number of weak warnings.

I too would like a way to mark false positives, via a tag or something. I do not think it should be an "all or nothing" option.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for chiming in. Definitely something we're exploring. :)

• palmino
    palmino
    Community Member

I also find the weak password warning rather annoying and would like to be able to turn them off for good.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@palmino - thanks for weighing in. We're definitely examining some potential changes to 1Password 7 for Mac's mini UI.

This discussion has been closed.