Impart Account & Vaults from Earlier Version

sbruger
sbruger
Community Member

Has standalone license, V6. Downloaded V7 for Mac and have been able to get into it, signing up for free 30 day trial subscription trial. Despite the support statement that "Your accounts and vaults will be imported from the earlier version of 1Password" the first time of opening V7, that hasn't happened. Also, there's no "sync" button under V7 "Preferences". Finally, I've tried to import (V7>File>Import>1Password6) and have not been able to make the V6 Account & Vaults happen in V7. What can I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Safari 11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• gizmoboy
    gizmoboy
    Community Member

I have the same problem. Moving from latest version of V6 to the current version of V7. I bought the family membership up from the family license I bought for the last version. Hoping changing the membership type change didn't lose all of my passwords...

• Garywhitemi
    Garywhitemi
    Community Member

I have done the same thing. Updated from latest version 6.8.9 to the 7.0.4 and it removed my version 6 and do not have any of my passwords available. I was going to look in archives to see if the file is there. I had over 400 logins, no way I can remember them either.

• marybankston
    marybankston
    Community Member

I have a similar situation. My standalone license for v6 was working fine. I installed v7 but need a secret key. I have recovered my v6 but I don't know how or where to get a secret key. I downloaded a data.1pif file with all my passwords as protection against complete disaster but I can't open it with v6 without importing what looks like a double entry. I can't get in to v7 without the aforementioned secret code. I love 1Password. I know you have a solution but I can't find it on the support forum. Please help -- and quickly!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I am unsure whether the posters in this thread wish to continue with a 1Password.com subscription or proceed with the 1Password 7 standalone licence. As I have no experience of the subscription I can't help with that (but someone will be along soon who can). However, if you wish to sort out a standalone licence or revert to 1Password 6 this recent post of mine may help you.

How to buy a 1Password 7 standalone licence or revert to 1Password 6

(Excuse the link but it saves me typing it all again!)

Stephen

• Hi folks! I just responded to a similar thread here. Give that a read and let me know what you'd like to do going forward. We'll help you get there.

This discussion has been closed.