Upgraded from 6 to 7, family license to family subscription, and old vault was not imported

gizmoboy
gizmoboy
Community Member

So I decided to take the plunge from a family license in 6.x (from 4.x originally), and I purchased a (currently free) family subscription since there's no family license for 7. (I don't love this, but I get it and I've been happy with 1P for a long time so I thought I'd give it the benefit of the doubt).

My old 1Pv6 was syncing via iCloud from Mac to Mac and iPhone/iPad on a single vault.

I downloaded the installer from the Agile website and installed it, and after the installation completed, I have a new v7 setup with 2 vaults: Private and Shared, but both are essentially empty. (Shared is completely empty and Private has a few default values for an identity, note, and login.)

However, I was expecting the private vault to load all of my old vault into it and it didn't. Nor does there seem to be a way to locate the old vault file and import it that I have been able to figure out.

Any help getting my new setup working is appreciated, and maybe some idea how not to repdocut this issue on my other laptop when I go to install there.

(And do I need to do anything on my iPhone and iPad? They seem to be on a completely different versioning system AFAICT; previously, they all just worked together...)

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hey @gizmoboy! Let's take a closer look at things. :) Please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.