Unable to log into my account

BruceWeinstein
BruceWeinstein
Community Member

I dont know what you did but I am unable to log into my account. Just purchased 1password 7. Now try to login and cannot get special key. This process is very frustrating. Not user friendly. I have been with 1Password for many years and this has always been a troublesome point for me. Please help

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• BobbyG33403
    BobbyG33403
    Community Member

Bruce I have the same issue. Would like to cancel everythihg and go back to my old version

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

If you do wish to revert to 1Password 6 this recent post of mine gives some guidance. However, if you wish to persevere no doubt an expert will be along to help you soon.

Stephen

• Hey @BruceWeinstein! I’m sorry for the confusion about an account. Since you made a one-time purchase of 1Password, you didn't get an account. 1Password accounts are part of subscriptions, which have automatic sync between your devices, access to 1Password anywhere, and an account to access everything. You can create one to get the benefits accounts include, or you can keep using 1Password as you always have. Check out this article for more info about 1Password accounts.

• BruceWeinstein
    BruceWeinstein
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

@Jacob @brenty OK guys. This is getting ridiculous. I am about to can 1Password forever!! Which is unfortunate because I have been using it for a number of years. I have an account. I guess not a membership because I do not have an emergency file that would aid in retrieving secret key. Every time I attempt to log in it prompts with the login screen where one of the fields is the secret key. I do not know what the secret key is!!! Is there not some way you can reset it and email to me? And when I click on the 1password extension in firefox it doesn't come up asking for my password to log in. I rolled back to 1Password 6 and it was working but I was hoping to upgrade to 1Password7 along with signing up for a membership. I have had to create a new account in 1Password which I did not want to do. I wanted to keep using account I already had so now I have two email addresses registered.

So it is looking like I need the secret key as it is preventing me from proceeding to use 1Password7.

Please help to resolve this issue.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BruceWeinstein, did you upgrade to 1Password 7 via the Mac App Store? If so, you will be unable to login unless you have a 1Password membership.

If you wish to buy a standalone license, you can do so by downloading 1Password 7 from our website. When you open the app for the first time, you will have the option to purchase a standalone license, and once that is complete, the app will automatically sync with iCloud :smile:.

If you would like detailed information on 1Password 7 upgrade paths, visit this webpage.

This discussion has been closed.