Lost all my info on 1password on my mac

cqellis
cqellis
Community Member

I downloaded - by mistake 1 password 7.... did not want to upgrade - so managed to get back 1 password 6 but have lost all my logins on my computer. I still have them on my iphone and ipad. I have looked at my sync method on my iphone and it shows icloud. how do I get the primary vault with all my passwords back on to my Mac 1 password?

1Password Version: 1 password 6
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: high sierra 10.13.04
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I just lost my 1 password data on my computer but still have it on my iPhone and iPad....how to I ge

Comments

• cqellis
    cqellis
    Community Member

Thanks to another user I have resolved this..... lost a lot of faith in 1password with how v7 was rolled out !

• Jacob
    edited June 2018

Hey @cqellis! Glad to hear you got things sorted out. Your data should have been imported when you first set up 1Password 7. How did you set things up? I'd like to get a better idea so this doesn't happen to other folks down the road.

• cqellis
    cqellis
    Community Member

@Jacob I wish I knew what I did - when I downloaded the 1Password 7 it only imported 7 logins......I have 462. I only got them back working on my computer when I deleted 1password 7 and finally found 1password 6.....I have no idea where I found it .....so couldn't do it again without getting help!

• @cqellis Aha I see. When you first set up 1Password 7, how did you choose to import your data? If you remember that'd be quite helpful for us to prevent this from happening to more folks.

• Ian_Bursill
    Ian_Bursill
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

It's happened to me. I sent an email to support last week, 5th June, sent a follow up on the 8th as nobody has responded and I'm still waiting for a reply.

Resolved here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/92036/lost-all-data#latest

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Glad things were resolved, Ian! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.