Downloaded 1Password7 — it deleted my old version and now I can't log in

plzhelpmenow
plzhelpmenow
Community Member

I have 1Password on my Mac. I got David's email and downloaded the new version. Upon setup, it removed my old version. But now I can't log into the new one because I guess I had a license and not a subscription? So I don't have a Master Key. So now I'm basically being forced into subscribing or paying in full AGAIN. You guys totally deceived me. Please fix this or get me my old version back ASAP. This is unbelievable.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• vesivakumar
    vesivakumar
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

I have the same issue. Is there a link where we can download 1password 6 for Mac again. I have my license backed up.

• plzhelpmenow
    plzhelpmenow
    Community Member

Glad I'm not the only one who got deceived. 1Password, please make this right.

• pyollin
    pyollin
    Community Member

Great product. I've been using it since 2012 or 13, however, I have the same issue. There seems to be no place to add my license info in version 7. Really need your help. I rely on 1Passweord a million times a day.

Thanks in advance for your help

• plzhelpmenow
    plzhelpmenow
    Community Member

I have my 1Password.agilekeychain file on my Mac now, but obviously I can't open it and don't have 1Password without paying for the new version. Please get me my old, already-paid for version that you forced me to delete.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I sympathise, as a mere user here, with the problems you've had. Getting a standalone licence on the upgrade is by no means as simple as it should be. This recent post of mine may help some of you:

Buying a standalone licence or reverting to 1Password 6

Stephen

• plzhelpmenow
    plzhelpmenow
    Community Member

Stephen, you're a lifesaver. Thanks so much for sharing this. Worked like a charm.

• On behalf of Stephen, you're welcome! :)

@pyollin Sorry about the confusion. If you're trying to use a 1Password 6 license, it won't work with 1Password 7. To use 1Password 7, you need to purchase a license for that version. You can also use a 1Password membership if you'd like. That includes all the 1Password apps so you can use it on your computer, phone, tablet, or even a browser, automatic sync between all the devices you end up adding, versions of your items that are backed up automatically so you can restore one if you make a change by mistake, and much more.

If you go with a license, you can purchase one during the upgrade to 1Password 7.

Either way, hope this helps and let us know if you have some other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.