complete quit 1Password when I have not unlocked 1Password

telephoneman
telephoneman
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

is there any way to complete close 1Password (inkl. Mini) when I have not unlocked 1Password. The Mac App Store cannot update it while mini is running. To end mini I need to unlock 1Password first before I have access to that menu. Thats quiet annoying ... Why cant I do that also when 1Password is locked?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @telephoneman,

is there any way to complete close 1Password (inkl. Mini) when I have not unlocked 1Password.

Yep! Here's how to do it with 1Password locked or unlocked.

• Click the 1Password icon in the menu bar while holding the Option (Alt) key and choose Quit 1Password Completely:

For that to be available, "Show 1Password in the menu bar" has to be turned on in General Preferences:

• Open the 1Password app (not mini), then choose Quit 1Password Completely from the 1Password menu which holding the Control and Option (Alt) keys (or use the Control-Option-Command-Q keyboard shortcut):

I hope that helps. :smile:

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

@sjk Ahh thanks. That Alt Key was what I was looking for. But it seems there is no way that the Mac Appstore auto update can do the update, as it cannot quit 1Password right?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@telephoneman - currently, yes. We're already tracking this as a bug, and although I can't give you an idea of when you'll see a fix for it, we are working on it. In the meantime, quitting 1Password 7 completely will allow you to upgrade. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience.

ref: apple-1604

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

thats just details but not a big deal. 😊 1Password is still great and in use every day

• Thanks for the kind words. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.