1Password auto loading problem with Bitdefender

Vangelis
Vangelis
Community Member

I am having a weird interaction between 1Password 7 and Bitdefender.

Both applications auto load after logging in. You can see the icons on the dock and all that. The problem is that the window of Bitdefender would normally show up really fast along with the icon on the dock and then quit again. With 1Password 7 loading at the same time though Bitdefender pops the app window again for a second time and then I have to manually close the window.

It's not a Bitdefender problem. It worked fine with 1Password 6 and it works fine if I uninstall 1Password 7. I even tried a new user account that didn't have 1Password 7 set up for use and Bitdefender loaded properly. After re-installing 1Password 7 the first log in went smooth but then it started happening again.

I realize it's a cosmetic problem but it gets annoying after a while.

Any suggestions? Can I stop 1Password 7 from automatically loading after logging in and manually load it when I need it?

Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Wi-Fi

Comments

• Vangelis
    Vangelis
    Community Member

I am having the weirdest problem with 1Password 7 and Bitdefender. I am not sure how to describe it. It's insignificant yet really annoying after a while.

Both apps auto load after logging in. The normal behavior for Bitdender was to briefly show its icon on the dock along with the application window and then close back down. I have been using 1Password 6 and Bitdefender like that for a very long time.

With 1Password 7 installed, after logging in, you can see the 1Password 7 icon bounce on the dock indicating it's loading and after that Bitdefender loads in the same manner. The problem is that the window of Bitdefender re-pops and stays visible after it has already closed down. I have never seen the app do that before.

Now you would say that's a Bitdefender problem probably. But the thing is I uninstalled 1Password 7 and Bitdefender reverted to normal. I then proceeded to re-install 1Password 7 again and for the first log in it worked as expected then Bitdefender's window started popping up again. This is just the programs main window, not an alert or anything and it only happens when you are logging in. Both app are operating normally after that.

I also logged in a new user account where 1Password wasn't set up at all and Bitdefender worked as expected.

My question is if there is a bug in the 1Password method of loading the app automatically because it's messing up with at least one program so far which is also auto loading.

Apologies if my description was confusing!

Thanking you in advance.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
    Extension Version: 4.7.1
    OS Version: 10.13.5
    Sync Type: wi-fi

• Hi @Vangelis

I’m not aware of us doing anything out of the ordinary in this regard, but we’ll keep an eye out for this sort of behavior. Thanks for the report.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.