I have license from B4. Trying to upgrade to 1Password 7 - do need to buy something?

wiz302pa70
wiz302pa70
Community Member

Been using 1Password for years. I have a license from 2015 purchase. Upgrades to version 7, now everything is "read only". Your promotional media is not specific about holders of past licenses. Apparently, I am screwed UNLESS I spend $50. Is that correct?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Trying to upgrade to 1Password 7 - do need to buy something? I have license from B4

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

You may not have seen this AgileBits blog post which contains the following, tucked away at the end:

Those of you with a standalone license for version 6 will be prompted to subscribe or purchase a license when 1Password 7 first opens. Licenses will cost $64.99 but are available during our launch special for only $49.99. Licenses are per-person, per-platform so you can use your single license on as many Macs as you have.

However, you are not "screwed". When you installed 1Password 7 it will have created in your Applications folder a zipped copy of the 1Password 6 installation. If you want to revert to 1Password 6 you can do so by completely quitting 1Password 7 (press control + option + command + Q), then dragging the 1Password 7 application file to the trash. You can then unzip the zipped 1Password 6 installation and start using 1Password 6 again.

Edit: added link to blog post.

Stephen

• rlpugh
    rlpugh
    Community Member

I have ver 6.8.9 - are there monthly fees etc if I download 1Password7? And as I understand I can use the copy to put on my desktop and laptops - correct?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

You have the choice of a monthly subscription or a stand-alone licence if you download direct from AgileBits. For technical reasons regarding pricing, if you download from the Mac App Store you can only get a subscription. Assuming you only have Macs, you can use a licence on all your Mscs. With a sub, you can use it on any machine (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android).

• Hi @wiz302pa70! I see you've also emailed us so I'm going to reply to you there and check in. :)

ref: WGT-62584-817

• @rlpugh As danco mentioned, you can use 1Password with a license or subscription. The license you have now for 1Password is only for the version you purchased it with. To use 1Password 7, you need to purchase a license for that version. You can also use a 1Password membership if you'd like. That includes all the 1Password apps so you can use it on your computer, phone, tablet, or even a browser, automatic sync between all the devices you end up adding, versions of your items that are backed up automatically so you can restore one if you make a change by mistake, and much more.

If you go with a license, you can purchase one during the upgrade to 1Password 7.

Either way, hope this helps and let us know if you have some other questions! :)

• wiz302pa70
    wiz302pa70
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Since I had already committed to “7” and was stuck and locked out of ALL MY LOGINS, had to do something. Only option I could find was to commit to your $3.99 monthly “membership” plan. Which I did.

NEW PROBLEM: I now have two Vaults. How do I get this down to one vault which sync to my other devices?
    See attached screen shot. Do I merge these with some sort of tool? or, do I manually sift through 941 entries and toss half of them out that are duplicates?

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wiz302pa70, sorry to hear that you had trouble upgrading. If you are unsatisfied with the 1Password account membership, you can buy a standalone license from our website (the Mac App Store version requires a 1Password membership). You can find directions for doing this here.

As for your second vault problem, follow the directions listed here to transition from iCloud to a 1Password account.

Finally, if you want to remove duplicate items in bulk from your new vault, go to Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items.

I hope this helps :smile:.

This discussion has been closed.