Thinking of migrating to Family Plan

Options
pomme4moi
pomme4moi
Community Member

I have used the "stand-alone" version of 1P for years, storing my 1P data only on local devices and syncing with WLAN. But now I'm thinking of migrating to the cloud version with a family plan. FYI we are a family of four using only Mac and iOS devices. Would like to confirm a couple things pls.

1. Let's say I want to have 5 vaults, one for each family member plus a shared vault. Can I set up vault access per the attached diagram? https://www.dropbox.com/s/rd4wdcywpt7yijd/1P Vaults.png?dl=0

2. I'm still not 100% comfortable pushing my 1P data into the cloud (into Apple's, Dropbox's or anyone's cloud). I have read the security documents on the 1P site, explaining how the 1P solution protects data at rest and in transit. In case I missed something, pls point me to what you consider the best document on this topic.

Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: macOS 10.13.5
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Hi @pomme4moi,

Good questions.

1. Let's say I want to have 5 vaults, one for each family member plus a shared vault. Can I set up vault access per the attached diagram?

Assuming I'm reading the diagram correctly, not quite. Each member of the family gets their own private vault where they can store their information. Only they can read and write to it, and other members can't see into that private vault. In addition to each member having their own private vault you can create additional vaults where you can setup whichever permission system you want.

1. I'm still not 100% comfortable pushing my 1P data into the cloud (into Apple's, Dropbox's or anyone's cloud). I have read the security documents on the 1P site, explaining how the 1P solution protects data at rest and in transit. In case I missed something, pls point me to what you consider the best document on this topic.

That would depend on how in-depth you want to go. If you want nitty gritty details, the Security Whitepaper is the best document. If you're looking for more general information the website pages you've likely already read would be the way to go. For everything in-between you can simply ask us right here and we'll be happy to answer.

Rick

• pomme4moi
    pomme4moi
    Community Member
    Options

Just the document I was looking for. Thanks.

• You're welcome. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.