Move account data centres?

Options
PBAdams
PBAdams
Community Member

I was beta tester of 1Password for Families and established our account at 1password.com.

I live in Canada, and was wondering if it's possible to move my account to 1Password.ca, assuming the .ca data centre is physically located in Canada?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1Password for Family

Comments

• snipes
    snipes
    Community Member
    Options

I just recently did this myself. They can't move your data between the USA to Canada data centres.

If you have an active subscription on the .com site, contact the sales department and explain you want to move your subscription between servers. I had to establish a new trial account on the .ca site. Then you can have both accounts open in 1password and copy/move items between vaults using the app. When complete, the sales team can cancel what remains of your subscription on the .com account and credit it to your new .ca account.

• Ben
    Options

snipes has got the gist of it. :) Thanks for the assist! Yes, please reach out to our sales team at sales@1password.com if you need help with this. Please allow them a few days to respond as we’ve been incredibly busy with the launch of 1Password 7. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• PBAdams
    PBAdams
    Community Member
    Options

@snipes and @Ben, Thanks! I'll drop a note to sales and not get impatient ;)

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.