Can't Update 7.0.1

Gordon101
Gordon101
Community Member

Update 6.8.8 to 7.0.1 a few days after 7.0.1 was released. At the time of the update both 6.8.8 and 7.0.1 were active on my machine - which I did not know. For some reason immediately after the update 7.x worked fine. But after my MacBook Pro rebooted, 6.8.8 came up. Once I figured out what was going on, I use a program named AppZapper and dumped the 6.8.8 product. In addition to the *.app file, a plist file and one other were deleted.

Today the MAS told me 7.0.4 was available. I tried and the system said Click continue to "quit" 1PW and install. The message repeated, I rebooted and the cycle repeated. I started and manually quit 1PW with the same result. I can post a screen shot showing 1PW is not running (no dot in dock) and the message if you needed.

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: 4.7..1
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Family plan, internet
Referrer: forum-search:Can't update 1PW

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Hi there @Gordon101 and thank you for the question! To perform the update through the Mac App Store you'll need to first quit 1Password 7 with control + option + command + Q (a normal quit doesn't actually fully quit 1Password, as Mini will continue to run). Once you do that, the update should run just fine—and we're looking into improving that in the future!

Let us know if you need any more help anytime. :)

• Gordon101
    Gordon101
    Community Member

Unless I am mistaken Quicken for Mac (Subscription model) also has a helper program that runs after the main app is closed. They don't have this issue. Perhaps some programers could speak other programers.

I am not sure what happened, but I posted this issue about June 1st. The thread was closed by Ben about 1 hour after my original post. Not a single word to me. Now my post has a date of June 6th.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Unless I am mistaken Quicken for Mac (Subscription model) also has a helper program that runs after the main app is closed. They don't have this issue. Perhaps some programers could speak other programers.

@Gordon101: "Quicken for Mac" doesn't seem to be available from the Mac App Store. 1Password is sandboxed, and is a single app; there is no separate "helper program". 1Password stays running in the background though so it can work with web browsers. So it's a bit of a different use case as well.

I am not sure what happened, but I posted this issue about June 1st. The thread was closed by Ben about 1 hour after my original post. Not a single word to me. Now my post has a date of June 6th.

That doesn't seem to be the case. Ben replied to you in a different thread you started multiple times, and neither that one nor this one are closed. I don't see any others you've participated in this year. Please let me know if there's something I'm missing.

This discussion has been closed.