Where did both 7 and 6 go? I have nothing now!

vegetation
vegetation
Community Member

What happened? I thought I needed to download 7, so I did. The icon for 6 in my dock has a ? over it and does not work, obviously. The little toolbar icon in Firefox does not work. I have 1Password on my phone and iPad, but they are not with me at the moment. I am so confused.
The icon for 7 in my dock does nothing. Help! I really prefer phone support, don't you have that? Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.something, 7
Extension Version: huh?
OS Version: OS 10.13.4
Sync Type: huh?

Comments

• vegetation
    vegetation
    Community Member

• vegetation
    vegetation
    Community Member

Hi- I'm waiting for you to help. What is the approximate wait time? I don't know what to do - I have no passwords. Please respond, if only to tell me how long I must wait... Thank you.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

It may take quite a bit of time for AgileBits to respond as they are having a lot of queries at present (also, the way forums work, asking a second time just slows down the process). No, they don't have phone support.

I can't tell without a lot more detail what happened to your version 7. It should be in your Applications folder. Is it?

You can go back to version 6, here are some instructions.

Trash 1PW 7 (DO NOT use an app cleaner, as that can destroy data), empty the trash. You should have a zipped version of 1PW6 in the Applications folder, and just unzip it and you are back.

• vegetation
    vegetation
    Community Member

Hi danco,

Obviously this is my first time dealing with an issue this way, so I thank you for your help. A weird thing happened when I tried to open the zipped file: I got the message that iBooks quit unexpectedly. I've attached a screenshot, even though I might slow down the process. Yes, I emptied the trash, etc., as you suggested. And yes, the old 1PW6 icon in the dock still has a ? mark over it.

• vegetation
    vegetation
    Community Member

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vegetation and welcome to the forums! Can you try quitting 1Password 7 with control + option + command + Q and see if that allows it to launch again? Once you launch it again, 1Password Mini should launch with it (meaning your extension in Firefox should start working again too).

As far as why 1Password 6 has that question mark—that's because the app was zipped up into an archive file by the 1Password 7 installer and is no longer on your system in application form.

Let me know how that works, and I'm right here for more! Hope it helps :)

• vegetation
    vegetation
    Community Member

I'm sorry for the delay, I was away on vacation without internet access.

I cannot quit 7 because it is gone ( see previous message in thread ). I trashed it per the advice of Danco.
    There is nothing - no 7, no 6, no mini in Firefox. I really need someone to TALK this through with me. Do you have remote access so you can at least see my screen as I do what you ask me to do? I am completely frustrated. I have had 1Password for years and years, and never had issues until now. May I make an 'appointment' so that I know when you and I have dedicated time to work on this?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@vegetation - we don't offer "live chat" or telephone support for 1Password, but we're willing and ready to continue helping you, either right here, or -- which seems probably better in this case -- via email. Please write an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/91651/where-did-both-7-and-6-go-i-have-nothing-now#latest
    • Your forum username: @vegetation

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your email in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the your email and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :) Thanks very much!

• vegetation
    vegetation
    Community Member

#QSB-63343-146

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@vegetation. Thanks, replied to you there. :)

This discussion has been closed.