How do i delete 1Password 7 ??

pjh
pjh
Community Member

When I attempt to delete 1Password 7 on my Mac, I keep getting a message that it can't be deleted because it's open. It is not open . . . what's the problem?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't delete 1password7

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Try quitting 1Password completely with Control-Option-Command-Q. Then drag it to the trash from the Applications folder, empty the trash, and restart your computer.if you ever might want to retrieve your data, do not use an app cleaner to remove it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@pjh - just following up with you here: @hawkmoth's advice was right on the money; you need to quit 1Password 7 completely in the manner he suggested before you can delete it. Were you able to do so? Let us know if you're continuing to have problems. :)

• pj999
    pj999
    Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion. It worked!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@pj999 - glad that worked for you! Let us know if you have any other issues or questions. Cheers! :)

• photog
    photog
    Community Member

It does not work for me. I get a message that says The item “1Password 7.app” can’t be moved to the Trash because some of its extensions are in use.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@photog - please close all of your browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox). The open Activity Monitor (inside the Utilities folder which is in your main Applications folder) and see if there are any 1Password processes running. If there are, quit them. Then try deleting 1Password again. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash.

This discussion has been closed.