How can I get my data back??

pattilou1
pattilou1
Community Member

I have been a (stand alone?) member of 1 password for Mac since 2014 and use it daily. Today I downloaded 1 Password 7. When asked to sign in I couldn't find my original doc. I knew my password, but messed up. Then, stupidly I reset the password and now I am really LOST! What do I do now?? The 1Password 7 icon in the doc has a question mark through it. When I checked Safari Extensions it indicated "installed".
I am on a Mac. OS 10.13.4
How to fix??

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: installed
OS Version: OS 10.13.4
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:I have been a member since 2014, can't log in to 1passport 7, I have a password, but am lost!!

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2018

Hi @pattilou1

If you’ve been using 1Password standalone then do not select the option to sign in to an account from the welcome screen, as that option is for folks with 1Password memberships. If you open Finder and look in the Applications folder do you see 1Password 7 there? If so you can drag it to the dock and launch it from there. On the welcome screen you’ll either need to choose the option to start a membership trial or to purchase a new standalone license. 1Password 7 is a separate purchase from previously purchased licenses.

I hope that helps!

Ben

ref: SSS-71951-768

This discussion has been closed.